1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why Mag Grey costing more? Bay Area Pkg 4

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by freddyfoxx, Jul 20, 2007.

1. freddyfoxx

freddyfoxx New Member

First day as registered chatter. Been shopping for Mag Grey #4 in the entire bay area for the past few days. Found one here and there but not too many. Most of the dealers in the South Bay do not have any. when I do find one, they are quoting about $500 over other colors. I'm getting $24,292 for Grey but other colors are $23,695. Please help. Where can I get a grey one and what is a good price? Thanks

2. seseneca

seseneca New Member

I was having the same problem, the price of a magnetic gray prius was higher than quotes for other cars. I am told this is because of the popularity of the color. I was just about giving up and willing to pick another color when I contacted another dealer about an hour and a half away. He had ten prius cars in stock but only one pkg 5 (the one I was looking for). The price was 24,981 (1000 cheaper than the next best quote I got) and was magnetic gray!

In the end I think it was the salesman who had a set price for the cars, I am not sure how much he would sell other colors for but after calling/emailing 15 other dealerships I decided to jump on the deal.

I think there might exist some dealers who set a fair price and stick by them. I guess they are extremely rare.

btw I live one hour south of Los Angeles.

Seneca

P.S. the dealer I bought the car from was Toyota of Escondido, the salesman was Sean. A good buying experience.

3. AXavier

AXavier New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Seneca @ Jul 23 2007, 09:28 PM) [snapback]483892[/snapback]</div>
    Supply and demand dictate price. As a proud owner of a new Mag Gray Pkg 4 I have to admit it looks the best
    :D

I got mine for $24,100 in Fremont but had to wait 3 weeks for it. I can refer you to the person I dealt with if you like.

4. freddyfoxx

freddyfoxx New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AXavier @ Jul 23 2007, 11:38 PM) [snapback]483979[/snapback]</div>

Thanks. I actually got one last Friday 7/20th. I went up to Walnut Creek Toyota. They were really nice and up-front. Supply and Demand. I called every single dealership from SF to Gilroy. The ones that had them didn't move from $24,500 ish price. The ones that were getting them in also didn't want to move much. The fact was that there was NO Mag Grey in Pkg 4 it seems like in the whole Bay Area. Anyway, I got it right away from Walnut Creek. Paid $24232. That was the price on the phone after a few haggles and when I got there, that was the price I paid. I could have gotten any other colors (except Grey or Silver) for $23695 at Walnut Creek. And they had Green, Blue and Red in stock. Like you said, it does look the best! Thanks.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(freddyfoxx @ Jul 24 2007, 02:25 AM) [snapback]484017[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to the site--and The MG Club.

6. mommydewdrops

mommydewdrops New Member

Hi MG folks:

Does the grey really have colored flecks in it if you look at it from different angles?

It seems very gray and I just don't see the flecks (in the gray cars I've looked at).

Just wondering what is what.

:)

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mommydewdrops @ Jul 27 2007, 12:40 AM) [snapback]485965[/snapback]</div>
    No colored flecks in mine. Get 3M or Venture Shield plastic to protect against chips and scratches. Also consider black rubber strips to protect the bumpers and the ledge on the back bumper. As a bonus, Frost King pipe insulation is MG.