1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why mp3 with a 6-disc changer?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by GreenMachine, Nov 22, 2005.

1. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Does it bother anyone else to have to pay for a 6-disc CD changer with the upgraded sound system when you have an mp3 player and will never use it?

2. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

No, because I have used it. You may go out somewhere and your passenger brings a CD or even buys a CD and wants to play it in the car. "What? You got the top-of-the-line system and don't have a CD player? I want a new boyfriend! We're through!" I can hear it now.

How about the fact that I have a cassette player that will never play a cassette tape?

3. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

I have a single disc CD player in my 2001 Honda Civic -- never use it.

At least it isn't going to cost as much as a 6-disc changer. I can see a single disc player with a mp3 outlet, but not the 6-disc option.

4. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

No, because I will use it. If I go to the music store and buy a CD, I'd like to have some place to pop it into to hear it on the drive home. Yes, believe it or not, some people still buy CD's. How old fashioned, I know. No matter how cool iTunes is and how cool my iPod is, I still buy CD's every now and then.

Besides, it's nice to actually have a hard copy (yes, I know you can burn discs in iTunes). Also, and most importantly, iTunes is far from complete in its music selection.

5. Technogeek

Technogeek New Member

If you are talking about the 2006 sound system with MP3 capability, I will use it to play my CDs that have MP3 files on them. For this purpose, 6 CDs is better than 1.