1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

why nav + phone sound only from driver-side speaker?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by shispeed, Jun 4, 2007.

1. shispeed

shispeed New Member

Hi All,

Relative newbie here. Curious, why does the navigation and telephone audio only come from the driver-side speaker? Why not got to all speakers? I have the 9-speaker JBL system. Also, seems i don't get much (if any) sound from the little center speaker.

Cheers, Shipspeed

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That's the way nav and bluetooth audio is set up. Another audio source will get softer so you can hear the nav voice from the driver lower door speaker. The center speaker can "muddy" the sound stage, so if it's soft, you're in luck. Many people disconnect the center speaker.

3. emtownsend

emtownsend New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My wife tells me I am hard to hear on the Bluetooth. In another post, it was mentioned the mic could be turned up but did not specify. Is this in fact possible in the car or is it a mic setting on the phone? I am using a Windows Mobile 5 device (Sprint Samsung IP-830w).
    My stereo doesn't seem to lower the volume for Nav, only for phone. Is this a setting too?

Many thanks!