1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why no package #5 or #6 in GA?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by tolen, Jan 6, 2006.

1. tolen

tolen New Member

I'm trying to find a Prius with a package #5 or #6 ANYWHERE within drivng distance of Atlanta. I keep looking at inventories for dealerships on www.buyatoyota.com and find everything BUT those - there are lots of 7's, 1's, 3's and some 4's but where are the 5's or 6's? I've checked about 100 dealerships in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama, and a couple in Florida.

Anyone know something about this?

2. km5er

km5er New Member

yes the Southeastern importer takes lower packages and adds junk to them at the port to make them cost as much as a higher package. There are a few package 5 and 6 getting through but not that many. This is another problem with this importer cause they are looking to make a big profit by their add-ons. I am supposed to get my silver package 5 with no add ons next week. Lets see what happens as I will not pay for junk added at the port. Best bet if you can't find what you are looking for is to purchase out of the southern region. Look up JMFamily importers and see what regions/states they cover and then search using zip codes not in those states. The Southern importer is the worst ...real sleeze.

3. BertinNC

BertinNC New Member

I wanted a package 4 and wanted to get it from a Central Atlantic Toyota dealership. I tried three different dealerships in my area and they told me they could only get what they were getting delivered (#2, 6,7,8). So I called a Southeastern Toyota dealer (Jay Conner at Bones Toyota in Roanoke Rapids, NC) and he said he could order exactly what I wanted and without any extras that I didn't want. I put my deposit down, he ordered it. It got there in early Dec. He knew I wanted it after the first of the year and knowing I was 120 miles out of town and not wanting to take off work he met me on Sunday even though the dealership was closed. I got the car at MSRP but he threw in the Rear Bumper Protector and the Splash Guards for free. So I have to say they aren't all sleezes.