1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why not just minimum changes ?

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by ksor, Apr 23, 2013.

1. ksor

ksor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have had my second hand Prius 2008 for 6 months now and I've followed a lot of different threads converting to more MPG and I want it too, ofcause, but I wonder why ...

1) you need to change the battery, why not just add 1 or 2 more in parr. to get more capacity ?
    2) change the readout of statistics - I think the original statistics is OK - what do you need more ?
    3) no one have found a way to change the stupid parameter 48km/h for the max speed on EV ?

any comments ?

Best regards
    KSor, Denmark

2. lopezjm2001

lopezjm2001 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Ksor,

Do a search on this forum for "OutofGas mode", ForcedEV mode and ICE kill switch and do a lot of reading. Maybe you have already looked at this website : www.hybridinterfaces.ca and this thread Planing CanView and BMS+ conversion with lithium | PriusChat. Maybe this will answer some of your questions. Also you can read up on this forum about pluginsupply PHEV kits @ www.pluginsupply.com and their ECM assembly.

mrbigh likes this.
  3. ksor

ksor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah, I have seen some of these articles/threads and they don't give me answers ... I think !

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    because there are no answers, only questions. unfortunately, it's not as simple as you might think or want it to be. a lot of very bright people have spent years trying to accomplish some of these things.