1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why sis red triangle of death coming on??

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by laf_girls, Jul 21, 2017.

1. laf_girls

laf_girls New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    About a month ago, while car (220,000 miles) on and in park the red triangle for "major hybrid malfunction" came on. Also intermittent shuddering when in park or at light. More than is normal. Took it to dealership and they get code POAOF and tell me it is low on gas. 2 bars displaying so seems weird and car still shuddering. Anyway, 6 days and 150 miles later and light on again. This time dealership says its because there's less than 2 quarts of oil. 6 days later and still shuddering and when sitting in park red light comes on. Leave parking lot and as accelerating into oncoming traffic, gas completely stops and mph display disappears from dashboard. Car gets towed to different repair shop and they get POAOF sub 205. They cleaned throttle/body injectors and maf meter. They weren't sure if it would work or not. Car made it about 500 miles and shuddering initially not present but fully returned and now light on again. Help!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    probably cause you have 220,000 miles. i mean, if your gas and oil were low, u need to take better care of your car.

Prodigyplace likes this.