1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why so popular in Cali but not Minnesota?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by stephensprius, Mar 3, 2014.

1. stephensprius

stephensprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I originally purchased and leased my Prius in Northern California. I realize the gas price is a lot more in Cali, but that cannot be the only factor. The Prius seemed to me to be the most popular car choice around. You saw them like I now see Ford F 150 pick up trucks here in MN. The Prius is just not a huge seller here. Even when I was on vacation in Arizona I saw more there as well.

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Where in Minnesota? I certainly see a lot around here, in the burbs of the Twin Cities. And up north really suprirsed me last Fall. There were quite a few of the V models there. I suspect the MPG combined with the extra cargo capacity is quite a draw for running around.

I suspect your perspective comes from simply not seeing as many trucks. GM sold 36,584 Silverados and 14,232 Sierras last month, so we aren't exactly a country putting heavy emphasis on reducing pickup sales.

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Do not discount tax incentives, car pool lane access or CARB requirements as reasons to buy a Prius in CA.