1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. gasgzzlerstang

gasgzzlerstang New Member

im just trying to figure out why anyone would "pimp" out a prius? im mean even if you put a body kit on it and rims and system, its still a prius! no improvement. its not like chicks walking down the street are saying oooohhh aaaahhh like at the phat prius. haha. on a final note i would actually like to thank yall for driving your "eco friendly" jap traps, so i dont have to! i can pollute the world with my non-catted 10mpg V8 MUSTANG.

2. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    and your reason for polluting the world is just as founded as your reasoning for pimping out prius: that is, no good reason at all. So please take your smug hypocrisy with racist attitude and shove it.

3. pre-cbs

pre-cbs New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gasgzzlerstang @ Jun 14 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]271394[/snapback]</div>
    It's just a matter of time for you too my friend. Gas will not become any cheaper or plentiful. You might be one of the last to give up your gas hog, but it will happen.

4. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Attention: Please do not feed the trolls. Thank you!

5. unruhly

unruhly New Member

I can't help but to feed this troll.

I sold my supercharged, 450 horse power,hot rod convertible Mustang with mods up the wazoo to get my Prius. Although the Mustang was fun, I like the Prius better and I don't even need to dump a bunch of mods into it to enjoy it!

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [​IMG]

Rule # 1 Do Not Feed the Trolls!

7. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You know, the troll's got a really good point there. I mean, no matter what you do to a car, it's still just a car. I mean, I see Mustangs with racing stripes and with mag wheels, God knows I hear the mufflers and the tire screeches but they're still just revamped versions of old technology for young people who think they look cool and old people who think they look young.

So I will have to agree with the troll on this one, it's not that the Prius is a better car than the Mustang it's that the Prius drivers are better people than the Mustang drivers. But Hell, I don't a car to tell me that.

8. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

:lol: Up until two years ago, I had a 94 Cobra with no cats..., and a seriously modded '95 V6...

To tell the truth though, I've had more chicks wanting to check out the Prius than both of my old 'Stangs combined... Seriously too, I'm not making it up. ...and should I ever feel the need for speed, my 7R takes care of that quite nicely, and is also a chick magnet. :D

As for why would anyone want to mod a Prius, well, same reason you mod your car, just because you're interested in it, and you can.

;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(unruhly @ Jun 14 2006, 10:03 PM) [snapback]271477[/snapback]</div>
    Right on.

I guess I just eventually got sick of mods, and appreciate something I don't have to do a thing to! Plus, the savings on parts, my time, and gas, has probably easily crossed the 50K mark since my last mod project! :lol:

9. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Let's face it. It takes an individual that can learn new things to truly enjoy a Prius. Mustang Boy most likely lacks the ability to learn new tasks and is intimidated by Prius.

I wonder if other car sites attract as many trolls as does PC??

10. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Salsawonder @ Jun 15 2006, 08:19 AM) [snapback]271633[/snapback]</div>
    And I wonder how many Prius owners go to Hummer chats and ask them what they're going to do with their vehicles when they can't afford to drive them. :p

The only really pimped Prius I know about is the one done by George Barris and that's pretty lame. No real reason to pimp a Prius, it's what's inside that counts. :)

11. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jun 15 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]271619[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, I don't think that was the point the troll was trying to make...

:lol:

12. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That Mustang goes less than 25 MPH. For every hour you work at McDonalds you can go less than 25 miles.

13. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gasgzzlerstang @ Jun 14 2006, 07:25 PM) [snapback]271394[/snapback]</div>
    That's a shame. You can't get girls to look at you without the flashy car, can you?

14. 240sxer

240sxer New Member

I also have a non catted 2JZ-GTE powered 600hp 240sx that will eat your Mustang allive while still providing me 18~ mpg. I also have a Corvette Z06 which gets 28mph highway and still provides me AC and 12.3@115 1/4 mile runs.

The point is you are an idiot and your car sucks. Don't come bragging about 10mpg. I have a "street" racecar, a "sportscar" and a Prius. When all is said and done chicks do not like fast cars. I've found that. My 240 is faster than 99.99% of the cars on the road (I drive it around on ET Streets and Skinnies, I can put down a ~10.60 run on even a non VHT road). Whenever anyone rides in it they complain that it's loud, smells like fuel, smells like burning oil, hurts their eyes, feels unstable, etc.

In the last 6 months, I've put 500 miles on the 240sx, 2000 miles on the Vette, and 15,000 miles on the Prius. A car isnt only about going fast. Have fun getting 5x less MPG than my prius does. And if you are in Cali i'd gladly hand you your a$$ in my Toyota Powered 240sx ;) If you drive around in your mustang getting 10mpg you are an idiot.

Don't believe me?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuEUPP5q6Dk

If you look in the background you can see my lil prius ;)

15. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(240sxer @ Jun 15 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]271729[/snapback]</div>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

16. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gasgzzlerstang @ Jun 14 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]271394[/snapback]</div>

L is for Loser.

17. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gasgzzlerstang @ Jun 14 2006, 08:25 PM) [snapback]271394[/snapback]</div>
    The same reason people "pimp" honda accords or civics, those big cadillacs, or trucks. Because they can. Although, from the wording of your post, it seems like the purpose of moding a car is only to impress others. Most on here would think that's a pretty shallow existence.

As 240sxer already alluded to, pimp out your mustang all you want, and a lot of high-end or exotic car collectors would laugh at you and say "it's still a mustang."

Personally, I would love to pimp out my prius with a bank of solar panels that would recharge a larger battery back for a 30 mile ev range. I think black solar panels would go great with an OSU Orange paint job with mascots on both rear panels, a big OSU on the hood, a custom PokePri license plate and a subwoofer hidden away in the hatch. Talk about sweet!

18. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh no, there's a Hummer chat site? I am gonna be sick. What do they talk about? How unreliable their truck is, and how it was slapped together? gross!

I would mod a car for my taste, not to get attention, just to be different! You can put all the badges, stripes etc on a v6 mustang, but its still only as fast as the Taurus station wagon that your grandma drives LOL.

And yes, I too have gotten more look's and compliments with my Prius than any car in the past!

19. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gasgzzlerstang @ Jun 14 2006, 07:25 PM) [snapback]271394[/snapback]</div>
    You're absolutely right! My Prius is perfect, just the way it is!!! :D

20. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ohh I remember my 1977 Monte Carlo 350 SB, w/street dominator cam, headers, duals w/sonic turbo mufflers , Edelbrock 750 cfm carb. silver pearl w/ 1/2 vinyl red ladu top & red int. Man what a car!!!! I'd pass everything but the gas station!!!!

Below is what the car looked like just different color, last of the big bodies

[​IMG]

Used to smoke the 96-99 GT mustangs with it... B)