1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WI and IL Hybrid owners – Sunday, July 17 Brewers Game

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by ericbecky, Apr 5, 2005.

1. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Attention Hybrid Car Owners
    and anyone interested in Hybrid Cars

Sunday July 17, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI

Madison Hybrid Group invites you to attend
    our 2nd Annual Miller Park Hybrid Car Event!

Have fun meeting, tailgating and talking with hybrid car owners. Ask questions, find answers, show off your car, and, oh, yeah, watch the Brewers take on the Washington D.C. Nationals.

Last year 33 people responded and all the Toyota and Honda hybrid cars
    were represented. This year there are some new hybrids to add to the mix and we hope they come, too.

Schedule of Events
    10:00
    Meet at the staging area in Wauwatosa.
    (Same place as last year. Click link for map.)
    11:00 Leave the staging area as a group and take a short drive to Miller Park.
    11:15 Enter the “Giants“ Parking Lot as a group. ($6 per vehicle.)
    11:15-1:00 Tailgate: Food, conversation and fun. (provide your own food, chairs, etc.)
    1:05 Game Time

Cost: $10 per ticket which includes
    -One Terrace Reserved seat in our Group's block of seats*
    -One FREE hot dog
    -One FREE soda
    -One entry into our drawing for two FREE tickets to a Monday-Thursday
    game. (Non-Cubs)

Payment in full is due no later than June 11th.

To attend please respond via this thread, PM me, or contact me via the email address in my Profile. Please include the number of tickets needed, names of people attending, and the year, model and color of the car you are bringing. Also include where you want the tickets mailed. (Kids age 2 and under, sitting on an adult’s lap, are free.) I reply with the address where to mail the check.

Please help publicize this event any way you can to make the event a success.
    I’ve added a poster you can print out and give to hybrid owners.

Thank you!

A member of MHG has created a temporary webpage for the event that will be updated as new information becomes available. Here’s the link: Madison Hybrid Group Milwaukee Event 2005.

*For anyone paying after May 11, Miller Park will not guarantee that your seats will be in the same block as everyone else's. However, there were a lot of empty seats around us last year, and given the Brewer's track record, it probably won't be an issue this year either.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It sounds like a great time. And from the pictures of your last meet-up, I'm sure there is going to be a strong turnout. Personally, I will be vacationing with my family on the Outter Banks of North Carolina that weekend and unable to attend.

Take more pictures and someone please eat a brat and drink a beer for me.

3. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Non-Cubs? I'm a BIG non-Cubs fan!

The Sox would have won those Brewer exhibition games, too, but we wanted to be welcome any time we came back (and oh yeah, the sun was REALLY in our eyes).

I will check my schedule and send the PM. I will probably leave my brat at home. (Yes, my Prius has already been to the Brat Stop near Kenosha.)

Is that soda or "pop"?

4. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    jimofdg,
    It's funny you mention that. It took me a while to decide whether to put "soda" or "pop". I'm not sure why I settled on "soda". Man, this could be a whole topic in Fred's House of Pancakes.

And by the way, when you're in Milwaukee, if you are thirsty and need a drink of water, be sure to ask for the "bubbler" not the "water fountain".

5. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There has been an update to the payment instructions.
    After checking with Miller Park, we will now need turn in at least part of the money earlier than first reported.

UPDATE 4/19/2005
    50% of the money must be turned in by May 11th and is non-refundable. The remaining 50% is due June 11th. (An alternative is to simply pay in one installment May 11th.)

I have updated the original posting to reflect the corrections/changes.

I have uploaded a corrected/new version of the promotional poster. A few additional wording and layout tweaks were made as well as correcting the name of the city where we will have the staging area. (Wauwatosa, not Waukesha.) I also added my mailing address to the poster.

Lastly, a member of MHG has created a temporary webpage for the event that will be updated as new information becomes available. (see the “p.sâ€. at the end of the original post.)

6. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    O.K. everyone, it’s less than a week until we send in the initial deposit for the Brewers Hybrid Car Event.

We need a head count and at least half the money by next Wednesday, May 11 so that the ballpark will hold our seats.

If you have already committed to coming but have not sent your money, please send it ASAP!

For the rest of you still not sure about coming… c’mon it’s only 10 bucks and it will be fun…I promise.

So far we have Classic Prius, 2G Prius, Accords, Civics, and Insights coming. We are still looking for an Escape or RX 400h, or Highlander to attend. If you have one, or know of someone who is getting one, we encourage you to come and join us!

As always, the more the merrier!

Reply to this thread, PM or email me for the payment instructions (address, etc)

7. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Madison Hybrid Group sends out a big “Thank you†to the 32 people who have responded so far to the Madison Hybrid Group get-together in Milwaukee.

Because of you, we have over a dozen cars coming and 6 different hybrid models represented.

And we still have room for MORE…

If you are interested in joining the 32 of us please contact me and send payment no later than June 11th. Check the original post for more payment details.

We welcome all car owners to attend.

(p.s. We have not heard from any RX 400h or Toyota Highlander Hybrid owners. If you have one of these hybrids we would especially like you to consider attending.)

8. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    At this point all the tickets have been ordered and we officially have 37 people coming to the event.

The Escape, Accord, Civic, Insight, Prius, and Highlander hybrids will all be represented at the event.

Still no 400h attendees, so if you know a 400h owner who may be interested in coming, (or any other hybrid owner, actually) please have them contact me ASAP! We still may be able to fit them in.

We’re in the process of figuring out who is bringing grills and people are seeing about “linking up†with others for their ride to the meeting area in Wauwatosa.

Feel free to post here if you have additional questions or ideas.

9. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow! we now have 42 people coming to this hybrid event.

Even though it was way past the deadline, the Brewers let us add a few more people to the group today which helped put us over the 40 attendee mark.

All the hybrids will be represented except the Lexus. Oh well, there's always next year.

It should be a good time and I hope we capture some good photos to share.

10. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

Anyone from Chicagoland going up? Wish to caravan? Let me know...

11. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you to all the members who participated in the 2005 Madison Hybrid Group event in Milwaukee last Sunday. Although it was hot as blazes, the event was a big success.

A few of us drove in a hybrid “convoy†from Lake Mills to the Wauwatosa staging area. By the time we arrived in Wauwatosa, a other members were already there taking pictures and were deep in hybrid car discussions.

The trees next door provided a bit of shade for our initial greetings and soon we were on the way to the stadium parking lot.

I was pleased that the caravan of hybrids from the staging area to the stadium went well. We didn’t lose anybody - even though I had to stop to reconfirm directions part way through the drive.

While tailgating I had many engaging conversations, learned new things, saw people sharing tips, and ate some good food. Mmmmm…and that Prius-powered blender for making daiquiri’s is a welcome addition to any gathering. There were longtime members present and newbies too. It was nice to connect in person with people that we usually “see†only on the internet or via email.

Thankfully the seats in the stadium were out of the direct sun, and the occasional breeze helped keep us cool as well. The game was fun and the Brewers won!

A few members were not able to participate in all parts of the day’s events, but most people stayed until the end. I had to leave abruptly and apologize for not being able to properly say good bye to most members. (My sons wanted to “run the bases†after the game and I belatedly found out we had to quickly get in line.)

As we returned to our car, a few members were still in the parking lot. Some jet fighters in formation flew overhead as part of a Milwaukee air show; a big bonus that my kids loved.

On the way out we also met a Hummer owner who said he was getting 9 mpg and he let us take a few photos of an Insight next to his Hummer. A pleasant hybrid car discussion ensued.

Members have begun posting pictures of the event on GreenHybrid.com in the “Share†section. Take a look and feel free to add your own.

We are always looking for ways to make the MHG events even better so feel free to send suggestions.

Thanks again for everyone who came, as well as everyone who helped plan the event.

I look forward to seeing you next year.

Our next local Madison Hybrid Group event will be in September. The date is not yet determined.

As always, if you want to be notified of our events by email, drop us a line with your name and year/model/color of your car.
    Email address: MadisonHybridGroup at gmail dot com