1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Wide" Fog Lights? 160-180 degrees, What's it called?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by andreimontreal, Sep 1, 2020.

1. andreimontreal

andreimontreal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been in certain cars, like Dodge Caravans that we use on movie sets - not sure if they had any special lights, and there was this low beam light which covered about 160-180 degree essentially illuminating the "sides" of the road well. I found that very comforting and reassuring. Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about, what the type is?

I think they are fog lights. But looking around I see that various fog lights have different beam angles and projections. Also, I'd like to get those lights on the grill like the first shot of this clip. If you know what those are let me know.

Edit: So, bolt on style, but those are so narrow beam wise. Found something on ebay as an example.

#1 andreimontreal, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  2. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    There are cornering lights that some cars have but you are right they tend to use the fog lights. Fog lights spread the wide beam that you mention, which helps when turning.

There are some active headlamps that turn up to 10 or 15 degrees in the direction of your turn. (I forget how many degrees they will turn). Some factory HID or LEDs I believe.

moto g(7) power ?

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    jzchen likes this.
  4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    In many states / countries additional lights on front of your car are limited or not allowed. So first step is to figure out what the rules are.

Grit likes this.