1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wife went for a test drive. And guess what.....

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by sorka, Sep 1, 2008.

1. sorka

sorka Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    She likes it! I was worried that she wouldn't and 2 months ago when we got on the waiting list at another dealership(which we're at the top now), there were no Prii anywhere to test drive.

Now they all have Prii in stock and no waiting list. Unfortunately, none have had the Touring Silver Pine Mica we're looking for, so we're still waiting. We happened to drive by a dealership that had about a dozen in stock yesterday. They're all selling for MSRP. They let her drive the only touring they had even though they knew it wasn't the color we want.

She liked it despite the lack of power. She's used to her Lexus SC400 and Dodge Durango Hemi Limited. But she really liked it a lot but wasn't able to put her finger on why. Strange.

What was stranger yet was the dealer trying to convince us to by the silver to the point of offering us a $1000 off MSRP. My wife looked over at me when they were gone for a minute and reminded me it was the last day of the month.

It's too bad she doesn't like the classic silver :(

2. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    sorka,

Hang in there and wait for your Touring. !!! As you can see from my signature, both my wife and I drive one. Good luck and let us know when you get it.

3. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    For a $1,000 difference? Wow!

All I can say is Earl Scheib. $299 -- and even Danny Bonaduce goes there!:yo:

4. apcpa2000

apcpa2000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hang in for the color you want. We are waiting for our second package 6 (black this time) to complete a his and hers package.

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Whoa, I didn't know Earl Scheib was still around. I don't think he's in the NY area any longer.

Anyways, I think that as late as the early '70s, his price for a paint job was $29.99!!!

6. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't know that Earl Scheib is in the Chicago area any longer. They used to advertize: "We'll paint any car for $__.99!" I can't remember what the price was in the 60s and 70s, but I always remember the adds and the "unbelievability" of the price!

7. PriusHopeful

PriusHopeful New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Where and who has them at MSRP?
    I've been on the list for three months (not really told the truth, not really lied to either) with minimal dealer support.
    Can anyone throw me a bone?
    Thanks for the assistance.
    Tom

8. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The silver is nice for my last two cars were silver. A month ago, my aunt settled on a package 6 Silver and she couldn't be happier. Glad to hear that your wife was very interested on a Prius. It sure does not have the power of a SC400, but it can save her gas $'s in the long run and also fun to drive and kind to the environment.

Silver Pine is a great color. Regards.