1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WiFi MP3 Player

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by wpavalko, Feb 3, 2007.

1. wpavalko

wpavalko New Member

Ok, this is not specific to the Prius, but would anyone else want the following product? Does anyone know if it already exists?

I want an MP3 Player or at least storage device that has WiFi. With my car in my garage, I could download music/podcasts directly to the device in the car. My car's MP3 storage device would essentially show up as a hard drive on my PC. I could even set up my RSS Podcast feeds to save to the device (when it's in the garage). Or, I could just drag and drop the music and podcasts to the car occassionally. For the Prius, we'd have to use the AUX jack for now, but an integrated solution is what I'd want.

Short of this, wouldn't a USB slot on the dash be a simple addition? I hate burning CD of podcasts every few days. Downloading to an IPOD and putting it in the car is not attractive to me.

--WJP

2. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wpavalko @ Feb 3 2007, 11:03 PM) [snapback]385000[/snapback]</div>
    Have you checked out the Omnifi DMP1?
    ( Omnifi DMP1 Description at Crutchfiled )
    I'm not very familiar with it, but it sounds close to what you are looking for.
    These are discontinued units but can be picked up on ebay as well as checking out the Omnifi Yahoo Group ) $100 -$150 or so.
    They have their quirks but may be worth a look if you are computer savvy.

3. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wpavalko @ Feb 3 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]385000[/snapback]</div>
    Archos 604 Wifi (PVP)
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Archos_604_WiFi/45...7-32027902.html

Sansa Connect with Wifi out soon
    http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Catalog(12...MP3_Player.aspx