1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will 2004 Nav Know the Best Way Into Boston?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pekoe1111, Aug 1, 2008.

1. pekoe1111

pekoe1111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I just bought a 2004 Prius with Nav and have seen posts about updated DVDs.

I am heading into Boston, where many of you may know, there has been major construction in ther past few years - changing the major routes in and out of the city.

Will my Nav know these new routes, or is it using 2004 data?

Thanks

BB

2. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Ultimately, it depends on your Map DVD version, the current version is 7.1, and 8.1 should be released soon, updates are released annually around September/October.

To check the version, if I recall I think you press the Menu button and then another button (?) to check the version.

However, often road changes take 2-3 years later before they show up on some nav systems. This will of course vary by area and data provider.

Bottom line - even if some of the roads are changed as a result of the "Big Dig", you may have to temporarily follow the old fashioned signs :eek: until the car recognized familiar territory and gets you back on track.;)

Good luck!

3. rep308

rep308 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Most of the changes are in the City of Boston directly. I have friend who rent Hertz with Never Lost and they complain about changes. Heck, I've lived here all my life and I get confused.