1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will 3 booster seats fit?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by triptakers, Jul 22, 2004.

1. triptakers

triptakers New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've got two kids in booster seats and carpool quite often. We're on the waitlist for a Prius, but frankly, if we can't fit 3 boosters back there, we'll just have to get something else....but I really want a Prius!

So, has anyone fit 3 boosters back there? Thanks!

2. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I can't say from personal experience, but I think it is a possibility depending on the boosters. My neighbor has a rented 2004 and put in 2 plus the oldest son in the middle. I didn't see the end result so I don't know how tight it was. Probably the best thing to do is set them in a row and measure the width, then compare to the rear seat hip room (51.6" per Toyota.com specs 2.5" less than a Camry) and shoulder room (53.0". 3.7" less than a Camry)

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, it's tight, but depending on what you're putting in there they'll fit.

I currently have a baby carrier/car seat (rear facing) in the middle with upright, forward facing 5-pt seats for my 5 year olds on either side (there are arms and side rests/guards on those seats). All held in by the LATCH system. The boys' seats are not centered exactly where they were before the baby carrier was put in, but they don't lean or anything unsafe.

It is not a set-up I would have chosen and the baby was a suprise after the fact of getting the Prius, but it'll do for most local family trips.

4. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Evan, you are a medical doctor. You are supposed to know how those things happen! ;-)

5. jchu

jchu New Member

Hey, He's just an ER doc. Only deals with stuff after the fact. (Won't mention the other credo of ER medicine that goes "Treat 'em and _____ 'em" Whoops, guess I did). :)