1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will a 2013 compressor fit a 2010 model?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Seymour1, Aug 20, 2024 at 6:59 PM.

1. Seymour1

Seymour1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I read a post recently where someone wrote that a later model 2012 will fit a 2010 model. Now I cannot find that post. I found a good price on a newer-style compressor and I mine has gone bad. Perhaps the newer ones were re-designed for better reliability. The newer part has a short length of orange cable made onto the compressor.
    The high voltage cable is the same part number, so it should connect O.K. I worry that the software or computer for the compressor is not compatible. Ebay vendors do not know.
    Has anyone tried to do this?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    No there won't be any software computer problems I don't believe between the two compressors One you'll have to undo the pigtail from wherever it goes into the inverter in order to get the plug you need to go into the back of the later model compressor and vice versa depending upon what you're using there's nothing wrong with any of the electric compressors so if you can get a good one off of a car where maybe it's been replaced on their dime by the dealer for $1,500 or something that would be a good move rather than just trying to get a later model You could get a later model with double the mileage on it!. So there's always that I haven't had trouble with any of all of mine got over 200,000 everyone I've picked up at the junkyard came from vehicles in the United States that were sitting it 180 plus and that's only been two or three and they're all in cars working wonderfully we have very good air conditioning if nothing else.