1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will all level 2 chargers work on my 2017 Prius Prime

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Joe Wall, Jun 28, 2024 at 1:44 PM.

1. Joe Wall

Joe Wall Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm looking at getting a level 2 charger. Will all level 2 chargers work? Looking at buying used online. So I want to make sure it is compatible. I can always try it out.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    they should all work now, but if you're buying used, don't buy too used, they have a limited lifetime.

3. Danno5060

Danno5060 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I got a broken one from eBay, which was refunded by eBay because it was through eBay motors. I don't know what to do with the broken one as I never got any sort of return instructions.

Other than that, I got another one and it works fine. A lot of them seem to have a bunch of features. If you're satisfied with the car's charge scheduling, you don't need the advanced features in the charger. I'm happy with the car's charge scheduling, so I saved my money there and got a new one.

If the charger has the features you want, it's best to delete all the items in the charge schedule so the car doesn't interfere with the charger's scheduling.

4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Make sure to get a J1772 station, not a Tesla / NACS station.

5. Robert21PrimeLTD

Robert21PrimeLTD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I purchased a Schumacher SC1455 Level II (recommended on PriusChat, thanks) from Amazon for $230 a year ago. I use it almost every day and sometimes multiple times a day based on how much local driving I do. There's value in purchasing things new and with a warranty that guarantees that it works.

bisco likes this.