1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will an 07 EBH fit an 08 Prii?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by JoeyJoeJoShabadoo Jr, Sep 23, 2007.

1. JoeyJoeJoShabadoo Jr

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've had ordered an 07 Prii from the dealership almost two months ago. They called me on friday to tell me it will be in on monday, but that it was an 08 (lucky me!). At the same time I had ordered an 07 EBH from toyota about a week ago which should also arrive sometime this week. My question is, does the 07 EBH fit an 08 Prii?

2. tballx

tballx New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It should. The EBH for Gen 2 priuses fits 2004-2007 just fine. There were no significant changes to the 2008.

3. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There are no model year engine block heaters. A given heater will fit any given range of engine families and model years. What is happening is that the Classic Prius engine block heater, part number 00113-00213-00885, and the Gen 2 Prius engine block heater, part number 00113-00213-00889, are being replaced with one model engine block heater, 00113-00213-00900. You could install a Classic and Gen 2 heater interchangeably if you wanted to, the heating element is the same, only difference is the head end of the heating element, slightly different heating element clip and cord length. Don't worry, everything is good.

Wayne

4. JoeyJoeJoShabadoo Jr

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hmmrr...Ok. I picked up the block heater today. part number 0021300900 on the reciept and
    c0140-00885US on the box. I had asked the parts guy to see if it would fit and when I picked it up he had left a message saying that it was "Not applicable for 08' models" I do not know what to do...

5. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Talk to your parts guy, if he is saying it won't fit, then ask why he sold it to you. And ask him, in his expert opinion, what the right heater and part number is.

Wayne

6. JoeyJoeJoShabadoo Jr

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ok, i called the toyota where i got my prii(its a diff one than where i purchased the ebh) and the guy in parts said that the part number 0021300900 does not come up in his system, and he has no idea where or how the other toyota is getting the part from. Unfortunately the dealership where i bought it from was closed by the time i got around to calling them to figure it all out. I've looked in my manual front to back but no where does it mention anything about an ebh. Any idea where i can find out what part number is right for my 08?

7. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    00113-00213-00889 is the current part number untill the manufacturer changes all production to the newer number. If your box says CO140-00885 that is for the 2001-2003 Prius. For your Prius the heater should be CO140-00889 on the box. Look at the orange plug end that connects to the small heater. Does the plug end fit over the heater end, if so it's for the older Prius. If the plug end fits into the heater it's for the current Prius. How about snapping a pic for us to see. And talk to the dealer who sold it to you.

Wayne

8. JoeyJoeJoShabadoo Jr

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    [attachmentid=11682][attachmentid=11683]Ok, i talked to the parts dept. where i bought it from. He basically said that while this part isnt the exact part number for the 08, his supplier is telling him that the differences between models is basically just the length of the cord. He said to try it out and to see if it fits, if it does than it should be good. I also made sure that it wouldnt void my warranty if it were the wrong part and he said it would not because its a genuine toyota part. Ive taken some pics so let me know what you think.

im also curious about the shadey looking electrical tape job done on the rubber/cord connection....is that normal?

Attached Files:

9. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You have a block heater for a 2001-2003 Classic Prius. The dealer sold you the wrong part. Will it work, maybe. The cord head that fits onto the heater is a bit larger than the correct part. It's hard enough to fit the correct cord end, there may not be enough room. The Classic does have a little more room to play with. And yes, the entire cord is a foot shorter, which really stretches it in a Classic, be hard to use in a current Prius. All the block heater cords I have seen do not use electrical tape at the heater end, they use a special fiber reinforced heat resistant tape. Take it back, get the correct one, one that's new. If you put in the wrong spark plugs and had bad detonation to the point of engine damage, would it be fully covered if the plugs were Toyota branded from the dealer, don't think so, Toyota would claim wrong "Toyota" part.

Wayne

10. JoeyJoeJoShabadoo Jr

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks Wayne! I knew you'd know what was up with this. Guess i'll have to go bang some heads together down at toyota for giving me the wrong part. Being that i won't be getting the new part by sunday i guess you can cancel my installation request, thanks anyway.