1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will my car start ok?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sigzephyr, Jun 18, 2010.

1. sigzephyr

sigzephyr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sorry if this is a stupid question: I am going to be away from my car for a week. Is there anything I can do to ensure it will start up ok on my return? I'm hoping the battery will still be charged.

2. MJFrog

MJFrog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a button under the steering column that says 'Key'. Pressing it will disable the SKS function and decrease battery drain. You can still press the button on the remote to lock/unlock the car. Other than that, just make sure you close all doors securely so the interior lights go out.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Make sure the 12V battery is fully-charged before you leave, by hooking up a battery charger overnight. If you should have reason to believe the battery is marginal, replace it prior to your departure.

4. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just make sure all of the lights (inside and out) are off... I've left mine for a month with no problems.