1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will there be residue left if I try to pull the clear rear bumper guard off?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jeffrimerman, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Previous owner put that clear bumper guard and it didn't seem to do them any good since they still managed to scrape the corner and chip it. I purchased a nice black plastic stick on guard but would like to put the plastic thing off. Is it stock? Or does it peel off and maybe just used gumout or something to take the stick off? I don't want to pull the paint off with it.

2. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ok pulled it off and there is goo, but I'm sure alchohol or bug/tar remover will work but if anyone has a recommendation.

3. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I think a bit of Goo Gone is what you want to use.

4. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I tried bug and tar remover, alcohol, and old gasoline. The old gasoline worked great. Now I need some touch up paint from toyota and slap on my black bumper guard and i'll be able to run faster and jump higher =)

5. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Goo Gone is excellent for that kind of work. Not as volatile as gasoline and works just as fast. Be careful. Gas may clean good, but it is dangerous for sure.

Jeffrimerman likes this.