1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will these instructions work on a 2006?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by yarzy, Oct 16, 2006.

1. yarzy

yarzy New Member

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=9...mp;hl=ev+switch?

I found these for a 2004, but is it the same for a 2006 or is there something else I need to do? Also, how hard is this to do? The briely glanced at them, and it looks pretty involved. Is it not as bad as it looks?

I just don't want to have the dash all apart and then mess something up.

Thanks!!!!

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you follow those instructions you should be fine. If you decide to install an OEM button the 06 pinout is different than the 04-05 button pinout but they both hook in the same places.

3. yarzy

yarzy New Member

Well, I think if I do anything, I would install the DIY version (this one). Will those instructions 100%?

4. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yarzy @ Oct 16 2006, 12:27 PM) [snapback]333488[/snapback]</div>
    The way the whole EV hack thing works is that there is a pin where a wire should go. If that pin touches to ground anywhere on the vehicle, it turns on EV mode. You could stick a paperclip in that pin and short it to ground and bingo you’re in EV mode. Only problem is you don’t want to reach all the way across the car to do it right? That is where the 5 foot piece of wire comes in. One end goes in to the pin hole and the other goes over to the driver’s side. You could then touch the other end of the wire to a ground and bingo you’re in EV mode. Now that would look kind of tacky having a wire hanging out of your dash. That is where the installs differ. You could put in a momentary pushbutton switch in one of the blanks with the other side of the switch going to ground. Or, you could put it attached to the flasher on your steering wheel, or you could hide the button some where else. The point is it is already built in to your car and for some unknown reason we have a law that won’t allow vehicles to be sold in the U.S. if the consumer can choose what fuel he will use. Therefore this is all a problem brought on by our lawyers. I digress. The first time your car tells you on the MFD that it cannot change into EV mode, because you don't have enough battery power, or it is too hot out, you will see the programming is in there already.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, they'll work 100%'04-'07

6. yarzy

yarzy New Member

Excellent! THank you so much! I am going to attempt this this weekend, I hope I don't mess it up!

Thanks again