1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will these TRD 18" ( PTR1821070) fit/clear my '15?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Jim Shannon, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Jim Shannon

Jim Shannon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    So, moving up to an 18" set up. I'll be ordering and installing the Tanabe DF210 lowering springs in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone else out there had used one of Toyota's 18" TRD wheels or perhaps this exact one. Description of the wheel shows the same bolt pattern and similar offset to my stock 17" wheels, so I'm thinking they should. I'm looking at wrapping these in 225/40/18's. Wheels are here:
    18x75-aluminum-alloy-5x100mm-bolt-pattern-wheel-rim-69589

Thoughts? Thanks!

2. Jim Shannon

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Not a single reply? Really? Wow. So, FWIW, I contacted the local dealer and they were able to confirm that this wheel does have the same offset, but that fitment couldn't be confirmed as it's an 8" wide rim, etc., etc. I don't think that's an issue, but the fact that he told me that this wheel is 42 POUNDS blew me away! 42 lbs?!? Are they lined with lead? I can find plenty of 18" rims in the aftermarket at around 16-18 lbs each. I honestly think that has to be an error on someone's part. Oh well, I'll pass on these.....

3. John Bergendahl

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Dam,how much do our stock rims weigh?

4. Jim Shannon

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I can't imagine more than 21 - 22 lbs. I think it has to be a mistake. When I go onto Tirerack's website and sort heaviest to lightest on 18" wheels that would fit, the heaviest is 27.8 lbs, which is porky. So, I think 42 lbs has to be a mistake.

5. prinut

prinut Pri Nut

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Maybe that's the weight with tires?! If you do a search, that may be about right.

6. Jim Shannon

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    So, for anyone else interested in the weight of the stock wheels off of the Persona, I figured it out. They are porky. I sold my set and took one of the wheel/tire combos to get a shipping quote and it came in at 46 lbs. according to Tire Rack, the stock Toyo tire weighs 21 lbs, so with the nominal weight of the TPMS sensor, the wheel tips the scale at about 25 lbs. I'm sure there is discussion and debate regarding unsprung weight and reduced rolling inertia. The 18" combo I've decided on fits a 24 lbs Yokohama YK580 with a 19 lbs TSW Panorama in matte black. So, unsprung weight will drop 3 lbs per corner in addition to the wheels rolled forged outer edges which decreases rolling inertia. I'll post photos once I have them in and installed. Most like mid to late March after this godawful winter ends.