1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will this backup camera combination work?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by scotto, Jun 28, 2007.

1. scotto

scotto New Member

I'd like to add a backup camera to my 2004 Prius. I much prefer the look of the OEM camera. I had a 2007 rental car recently with the OEM camera and I couldn't even find where it was at first. I'd also like to unlock some of the other features of the NAV system as well. I've seen a number of people discuss specific combinations, but I haven't found anyone who explicitly describes the system below, which seems to be the best combination of features and factory look. So my question is, will the following combination work?

1. OEM backup camera from Sigma
    2. Ultimate Lockpick with Camera from Coastal

What else (if anything) would I need? Is it a royal pain to hook up the OEM camera as opposed to the license plate frame camera that Coastal sells? Or can it be connected in the same way?

Once the Lockpick is in place, does it preclude adding one of the other integrated audio solutions such as iPod connectivity or XM/Sirius radio? I know that the lockpick has a free audio port, but ideally I'd like to have something that includes the capability to control it through the MFD as well.

In a truly ideal world, I'd like to have the camera setup described above PLUS iPod integration PLUS XM satellite radio, with no clunky A/B switches and everything just controlled through the existing MFD interface. I should walk before I run and just start with the backup camera, I guess.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

- Scott