1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will this rim fit on an '08 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by chefboyarlee, Dec 3, 2008.

1. chefboyarlee

chefboyarlee New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    diameter 15

width 7J

offset 42

tires will be 195/60/15 Michelin Hydro Edge

Will there be any rubbing or stability issues?

Thanks in advance everyone.

2. chefboyarlee

chefboyarlee New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I couldn't wait any longer, since the guy put a very low buy it now price up. They should work since tire rack has Motegi's with the exact same dimensions listed that fit the standard Prius. I'll be able to drop down to 9.2#s from the 14.3# for the OEMs. After the live.com discount they came to $181 shipped!

eBay Motors: SSR Type C Wheels, 15"x7" (item 150313949786 end time Dec-03-08 11:26:58 PST)

Does anyone else run their Prius with SSR Type C/Comp C rims? Can I still use the stock lugs?

3. tecrench

tecrench Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Deal! Let us know how they work out, please:cool:

4. chefboyarlee

chefboyarlee New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    According to the Hydro Edge specs on tire rack, the 7" width is the largest that will work. The offset should be fine. I had to buy hub centering rings for $20 and new Muteki black lug nuts for $45 at a local SSR dealer. I should be good to go. I'm going to get an alignment just to make sure everything's right. I'll post pics hopefully on wednesday after they're installed. So I figure that if I wanted to sell my original rims, I cold get back my $250 investment. Hopefully it will be a win win situation. Two potential disasters I've read about--the Hydros are really noisy, and the Type C's are prone to pothole dents.

5. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have Hydro Edges and they aren't any more noisy than the original Goodyears.

6. jorgeez

jorgeez New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Why not post some pictures of it on your ride so we can see how good it looks.

7. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I wanna see 'em mounted. What color is your Prius? I bet they'd look good on a magnetic grey, they sort of look similar to the touring wheels without the plastic covers and I like the way they look on a Magnetic Grey Prius

8. thomatt12

thomatt12 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Any updates with the thread starter? I want to see pictures of it on the Prius.