1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will Toyota reimburse money back for repair at 3rd party Shops???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Stella916, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Stella916

Stella916 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi. I had my brake Brake Booster repair awhile back and paid out of pocket it for it. I also receive a letter in the mail that I can reimburse for the repair under the "Customer Support Program". My question is will Toyota reimburse money back for repair at 3rd party Shops which is "not" the dealership. I paid cash and I still here my receipt.

So would they reimburse me or I am out of luck? I called the number on the form and they said they don't know and they are no help.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    poor response :mad:
    i believe they will. try the corporate number in the owners manual.

Johnny Cakes likes this.
  3. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Refer your dealer to Customer Support Program Bulletin No.: POL18-03 Date: 8/9/2018 regarding the Brake Booster Repair Program

Customer-Paid Repairs or Replacement of Components If a customer has previously paid for the repair to address the condition described above, please have them mail a copy of the repair order, proof-ofpayment, and proof-of-ownership to the following address for reimbursement consideration: Toyota Customer Experience Center Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. c/o Toyota Motor North America, Inc. P O Box 259001 – SSC/CSP Reimbursements Plano, Texas 75025-9001 The customer name, address, and telephone number(s) should be included in the request. The customer should allow 4-6 weeks for processing

That's a five-year old bulletin, so I would verify the latest info/address/procedure with the dealer if I were you.
    The LIKE button is below -- lol!

Mendel Leisk, 2010moneypit? and bisco like this.
  4. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    So.....fill out the form and send it in. Keep copies of everything.
    OR call the number again and ask to speak to a supervisor......if you want to make it into an ordeal.

5. makaylakylie

makaylakylie New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    They will, I believe. Consult the owner's handbook for the corporate phone number.