1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will you say, “I told you so�

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    When the next major terrorist attack happens in the USA, will you say, “I told you so�

What will you say?

You may as well get the practice in while you can.

2. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Nov 2 2006, 04:26 AM) [snapback]342425[/snapback]</div>
    I'll probably be saying "what can I do to help the survivors?". I have a funny feeling if it happens on a Democrat's watch, there will be a huge chorus of "I told you so" coming from the right. Will you be one of them?

Your question implies that there will be another major terrorist attack in the US. Which means that we're not necessarily safer here than we were 5 years ago. Which means that "Homeland Security" needs to actually do something to secure the homeland. You know ... ports, airports, those kind of things.

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Nov 2 2006, 06:26 AM) [snapback]342425[/snapback]</div>
    The first things out of my mouth will be:

"thanks, f'in leftist scumbags...."

4. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Nov 2 2006, 04:26 AM) [snapback]342425[/snapback]</div>
    No. Why would I say that? What would I say? I'd say let's go back to catching these criminals and locking them up instead of invading random countries for their oil, and creating more terrorists, and try to find the courage to not live in fear.

No country can guarantee 100% safety from terrorism. Israel can't do it, why would we think can do it here? Our homegrown variety is bad enough, too. I'm surprised we haven't had more beltway snipers, anthrax mailers and abortion clinic bombers, but I have only compassion for the victims.

5. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Nov 2 2006, 11:18 AM) [snapback]342474[/snapback]</div>
    I love the way the modern leftists have choosen to start including "homegrown" into the terrorist domain.... BTW, abortion clinic bombers generally aren't doing it because they hate the U.S. and its foreign policy, likwise with beltway snipers. However, since we're including them, might as well include anyone that's ever murdered someone on U.S. soil, what a horrible terrorist ridden country we live in!!!! :rolleyes:

6. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Nov 2 2006, 09:27 AM) [snapback]342482[/snapback]</div>
    Leftists? Hardly. The republicans started branding folks with the terrorist label as soon as possible, i.e., the folks burning H2's as eco-terrorists. In my book, having been in DC for some of the time it was going on, the beltway sniper was a terrorist. Likewise for folks bombing abortion clinics and mailing anthrax.

7. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If there's another terrorist attack on U.S. soil, it will be a proud day for Al Qaeda's winner of the Recruiter of the Year, George W. Bush.

Meanwhile, people who love America (as you know, they're called Liberals) will do what they always have done: roll up there sleeves and start cleaning up the mess.

8. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 2 2006, 08:15 AM) [snapback]342507[/snapback]</div>
    If the mess is the usual affair you could easily add "Republican" mess. Like failed international diplomacy, worst budget deficit in history, 'broken country' at each other's throats, Yes, they will once again f**k it up and then just leave the mess for 'mommy'.

9. jared2

jared2 New Member

"thanks, f'in leftist scumbags...."

Language, please!

Wash your mouth out with soap this instant!

10. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Curious that after 6 years of total Republican control of the country, our resident schizophrenic still thinks a putative terrorist attack would be the fault of the liberals, who he cannot name without adding an obscene epithet.

Somebody needs to get back on his meds.

11. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I will go on a consumerist binge of unprecedented proportion; I will consume because I know that our way of life depends on it (even if I can't actually afford what I'm buying); my beliefs will be come further entrenched and my outlook more dogmatic; I will persecute people who don't seem to be like me (especially if they don't have as much money or power and so can offer me little in return); I will perpetuate a climate of fear and division; I will create a pseudo religous patriotic theology that allows little room for dissent and public discourse.

Have I missed anything?

Seriously, I will shed a tear, take a moment of silence to selfishly reflect upon what has happened and what, if anything, my actions had to do with it, and then roll up my sleeves and do my best to pick up the pieces and move forward from there. What else can we do, really?

12. chimohio

chimohio New Member

After it occurs (if it does) we will do what we always do. We will band together, help with the cleanup, mourn the dead, collect for the survivors, threaten and attack the perpetrators.
    The fingerpointing comes later.

13. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius biker @ Nov 2 2006, 04:53 PM) [snapback]342922[/snapback]</div>
    There's the nutshell and the Brass Tacks all rolled up into one.

Here's a guy that will say I told you so.

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/004655.php

Wildkow

14. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Future terrorist attacks, IMO, are inevitable.
    That is not to say we shouldn't do as much as possible to prevent, predict, and interdict to prevent the most aggregious types of attacks. We definately should. We need to make all reasonable efforts to prevent them. That effort starts and ends on US soil. In the middle we need to address the problems overseas.

Now, when it happens the "I told you so's" are also inevitable. If it's a democratic (aka leftist) gov't the neocons will blame us b/c we decreased troop levels in Iraq or b/c we didn't blow up Iran or something. If the republicans are still in office then the democrats will blame them for wasting time and money in Iraq.

Ultimately, I hope, we'll just learn something from the event. A way to prevent the same and other types of attacks and to make it as difficult as possible for the terrorist to have any success in the future.

Blaming won't do anyone any good, but accepting responsibility will.

15. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Nov 2 2006, 10:10 AM) [snapback]342466[/snapback]</div>
    Man, that is so true...

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Nov 3 2006, 04:00 AM) [snapback]343083[/snapback]</div>
    Totally Completely and Utterly WRONG my good doctor.

Hate to bring up Iran again and their nuclear ambitions - but there is a great example of us HAVING to reach outside US soil to stop future slaughter.

And you dont agree with screeing ships, planes, people outside the US before they get here?

And you would not use whatever means possible to spy on potential threats outside the US? No satellite pictures, electronic measures, human intel????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Nov 2 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]342474[/snapback]</div>
    the greatest compassion you can have for a victim SHOULD BE preventing that person from becoming one.

17. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Nov 3 2006, 06:44 AM) [snapback]343108[/snapback]</div>
    My good doctor...read the next sentence....I'll post it again for your convenience.

18. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Nov 3 2006, 07:47 AM) [snapback]343109[/snapback]</div>
    My, you get an early start of the day or have you been at work all night?

The problems in the Middle East may not be solvable for quite some time - or at least until the Palestinians want peace. Israel has little left to give back except the West Bank and they were going to do that until the latest round of pro-hate events from the Palestinians.

19. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Nov 3 2006, 06:50 AM) [snapback]343110[/snapback]</div>
    1 more hour left in my shift.

20. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

I'll do it.

I have some conditions around this though.

Let's say the demo's can keep Kerry's feet out of their collaborative mouth and win a trifecta in 2008 (president, house, senate).... And they backflip all of the Bush policy they can muster and start bragging about how the economy went on fire after they withdrew us from this unjust war, and all the rhetoric that would surround such a move....

And then we get wacked... Good and hard....

And I get to be one of the survivors...

I'll be right here saying I told you so...

If anything near the above set of circumstances happens it will also cement President Bush in the history books as having been exactly right on every single move he made while the liberal morons had no freakin clue.

I'll get my "I told you so" typed up now so that I'm ready at game time.