1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wind/fan noise from the back when road is wet?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by 2009Prius, Oct 30, 2009.

1. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    A few days ago I heard a noise coming from the back of the car that sounds very similar to the wind noise when a window is open. But all windows were closed and I confirmed it wasn't the radio. I opened and closed all windows the noise was still there. It was not there when the car was not moving. The noise also sounded like air going through a vent. I checked the high battery temperature with ScanGauge. It was only 19C (66F) and I have never heard the battery fan coming on even during the hot summer. I checked all glass and none was broken or cracked.

Now the noise is gone. The only difference I could think of is that when I heard the noise it was raining and the road was wet. Could it be the wet road noise? Anyone has similar experience? Thanks!

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, it's wet road noise and water splashing up underneath the car. It's normal. I had the same thing on my '04 and have it with my '09.

1 person likes this.