1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wind/Rain Side Window Deflectors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Neicy, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Hi All,

Well after reading a lot of the posts about the stupid clips that come from weather tech with the deflectors, I looked at them, fiddled a while, then picked up weather-tech's instructions. I proceeded to put them in according to the instructions without the clips. The hardest part to get in was just where the clips would be put if I used them. I am guessing their sole purpose is to keep the weatherstripping from getting stuck on the inside. They are surprisingly pliable, since I had to pull hard to keep the rubber from turning in, but I did it. However I did use the tool to try and pry out the weather stripping as I was putting them in. BIG MISTAKE! Took a small nick out of the black around the window. I do think that they look better than the ones that stick on the outside because they appear to be a part of the car itself. The rear ones have the double stick tape on them, so I put them in and then closed the rear windows tight on the tape. Now I just hope they don't fall out. If I have any problems then you will all know that the clips ARE necessary. I'll just be the guinea pig. Anybody need 4 clips?

Neicy

2. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

I didn't use the clips either. But, I lined the rest of the top edge of the rear ones with silicon seal. This assured me that the whole thing wouldn't fall off accidentally when my rear windows are down. Works great!

Vince.

3. pappyt

pappyt Junior Member

wonder why auto ventshade company doesn't make them for the prius?they make them for just about every other vehicle on the road

4. MPG > HP

MPG > HP Junior Member

Pics? Links? tia