1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wind Shield Washer Issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dmurad, Jan 1, 2014.

1. dmurad

dmurad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The driver side sprayer works fine. Passenger side spray is very weak - barely makes wind shield. Checked hose line and sprayer for clog - none. Soaked and cleaned sprayer . Still low spray. Any suggestions ?

2. Stevie

Stevie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to doubt you but doesn't it have to be clogged if one side is ok and the other isn't ?, I would disconnect from the supply end and then use compressed air into the washer jet, so in effect flushing it back to the source, hopefully this clears it, if it reoccurs you will need to flush the reservoir

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm....

I haven't looked.

But on my old Honda Accord, and I mean old like 1992...the passenger side was always weaker than the drivers side because the single hose going from the fluid reservoir reached the drivers side 1st. Hose hit drivers side first..diverted to nozzle...continued on to passenger...diverted to nozzle.

Sometimes it did get clogged and pressure could be improved by unclipping at a connector and blowing it out.

I've noticed some imbalance between driver/passenger but enough fluid is reaching the window on the Prius that I don't worry too much.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interestingly, mine's the driver's side and it's been like that since new. I've had the dealer look at it and they say it's normal. It barely clears the wiper arm and that's when the washer fluid tank is full. If it's under half full, it's fairly weak and I do need to use it every Spring when everything melts and the roads become a rally course with mud everywhere.