1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

window air deflector

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by clifford, Dec 14, 2006.

1. clifford

clifford Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I understand the rain issue with installing these weatherteck side window deflectors.
    My question is does it make it quieter when the windows are cracked?
    Are these really worth the money and install?

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clifford @ Dec 14 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]362575[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry but this are not WheaterTech but...
    YES and these do cut on the helicopter noise when cracked open...............and how about the looks? B)

[​IMG]

3. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrbigh @ Dec 14 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]362586[/snapback]</div>
    Horacio... Are those "exterior tape mount" deflectors? If so, where do I get them! I REALLY don't like the in-channel units. Have never had luck with them. They get in the way of window operation and just make everything too tight. I've scratched the edge of my windows with the flange units. UG

I've been looking all over for the exterior mounts (the kind I've used with great success on every vehicle I've owned for the past ten years). And haven't found them for the Prius. Where????!

4. Actual Mileage

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Dec 14 2006, 11:44 PM) [snapback]362617[/snapback]</div>
    I got mine from Sigma. They are JDM.
    The directions are in Japanese.
    They are tape backed but also come with a couple screw and some little hooks.
    So they travel around in the back of my car until I find a translator.

5. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Dec 14 2006, 11:44 PM) [snapback]362617[/snapback]</div>

I purchased these window shades from Sigma over a year ago, original Jap replacement part (JDM) but I believe they don't carry the same product any longer.