1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Window Control Panel Removal

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by xjustinx, Mar 5, 2011.

1. xjustinx

xjustinx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Does anyone know how to remove the window control panel on your door panel on a 2010 prius? I'm not looking to remove the whole door panel I just want to take the little panel that has the 4 window controls off. Please let me know if anyone knows how to do this thanks.

2. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You have to first remove the silver trim. You'll need something thin and flat to jimmy between the silver piece and the door panel. You could also use your fingers, if your nails are strong enough. You'll want to start at the bottom of the silver trim and pull in an upward motion. Once you get that off, you'll have access to the control panel. It's a fairly large piece and not just a flat panel...
    http://priuschat.com/forums/members...ods-picture3840-silver-trim-piece-removed.jpg

3. xjustinx

xjustinx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    thanks ill give that a try, HI MPG is it easy to remove the panel around the shift stick?

4. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    ^^ It's not hard... you just have to work at it. It's the same concept, find the separation and pull up in an even effort. Don't yank cause you might risk breaking the tabs. One thing you have to look out for is that the right side of the panel (when facing the steering) goes all the way up to the upper glovebox. You will also need to unscrew the shift to take the panel around it off.