1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Window film, removable

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by momstoys, Jun 20, 2010.

1. momstoys

momstoys New Member

When our children were young, we used a window film that was removable, just thin pieces of vinyl? that clung to the glass. I can find film now that uses suction cups but am wondering if any will stay on. I want a removable film that doesn't obstruct the rear view during daylight hours. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    There are many removable window tint films on the market that "attach"
    via a very small charge of residual static electricity.

Here's one: Gila Film Products : Automotive Static Cling Film : 20% Smoke

For more; many, many more, :p just Google something like "cling auto
    window tint." I'm sure you'll find something that meets your requirements.

Hope this helps.

3. momstoys

momstoys New Member

Thank you for the referral and I have looked at reviews of Gila products. They aren't quite what I'm hoping for as they are sort of semi permanent. Not something I can put up and take down three times per week when the grandchildren are with me.

4. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    hey red hot mamacita, you should just get your windows tinted, seriously. not only do those removable films look tacky, but they are far less effective and you might even spend more money on replacements over the years.

if visibility is what youre worried about any tint above 20% is very easy to see out of, even at night.

do your family a favor and go for the real deal! :)