1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Window Locks

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by exces6, Mar 7, 2005.

1. exces6

exces6 New Member

When I turn on the window locks, the other passengers can't control the windows, but neither can I. Every other car I have seen that has window lock allows the driver to control the windows even if window lock is on. Do all the Prii have this?

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    yes... you can still control yours though. i think it's more designed for "kids in the car" lock the windows.

3. exces6

exces6 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V8Cobrakid\";p=\"70393)</div>
    But why wouldn't the driver have control over all the windows?

4. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    so you don't accidently pin a kid in the other windows.. your window (auto up) has a pressure sensor. i believe it's on all new auto up windows. stick you hand in the window and auto up it.. once your hand hits the top and the window hits your hand, it rolls down... so.. that's the only window protected.. but.. if someone reaches in and you auto up... no hand smashing... just hold it up.. it will eventualy crush. lol

5. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

I don't like this, either. I liked the "override" config of most cars better. To move ANY window with fiddlers in the car, I have to (1) unlock them all (2)roll the desired window up/down, and (3) relock all windows. If I have a fiddler in the car, they will monkey with the others before I can relock them all. Stupid.

6. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    and.. if they are playing with the switch.. then you can't move it.. it stays in place till someone lets go... i would keep candy in the car.. someting impossible to open but looks good enough to keep the little fiddlers away from the windows when you need to roll it up.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This is a feature on all Toyota vehicles and I can't understand why. It's rather annoying to have the window locked so that even the driver can't control any windows except his/her own.

8. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Looking at my '03 wiring diagram, it seems to me that the Body ECU does not have the function nor the signal for windows lock. This function is achieved by the addition of a relay that controls the power to the 3 windows. So, when locked, the power are cut off to the 3 windows, not even the driver can operate using the power window master switch.

Vincent

9. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KTPhil\";p=\"70461)</div>
    "Fiddler"...

Yup, that is quite a correct discription and that disease is not limited to children either. Some people have to fiddle with things.

You are driving along with a new passenger, perhaps a new friend, an old nodding aquaintance or a co-worker when suddenly you have entered the

Fiddler Zone..

(insert Twilight Zone theme music here)

Yes, you will be suddenly distracted and annoyed at every possible device operation, along with the relocation of the center vents. The radio will change modes and stations without warning. The culprit will be totally oblivious to your obvious annoyance....

10. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hmm.. i know some fiddlers.... *grabs the baseball bat*.. i mean... *hides it behind me*... i'm just gonna go... *sneaks out the door*...

11. rocco

rocco Member

WHAT is it with fiddlers? My darling daughter is an up and down window fiddler - replaced two windows on my landcruiser. SHe now knows better after explaining the life expectancy of a power window - goes something like xxx number of ups and downs -you have just used x number. :)

12. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    My dog is a fiddler! We were driving along and all of a sudden my two dogs in the back seat became eerily silent. I turned around and one of them had fiddled with the button and the window was half way down. They were both staring at it like it was a magic trick!

13. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    lol

damn dogs....

hehehe