1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Window Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by loonyhiker, Apr 11, 2009.

1. loonyhiker

loonyhiker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The passenger side control will let the window go down but I can't get it to go back up. Only the driver side controls will get the window to go back up. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did it take to fix it? Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

2. bif

bif Gas Saver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sounds like you have a bad switch in the passenger door.

3. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yeah I'd say a bad switch. I see its a 2007, is it still under warranty?

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Haywire power window switch. I had another vehicle do that, only the switch at the driver door would work the left rear window. Fortunately that was also a warranty repair

5. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Yup. Switches are mechanical and anything mechanical breaks. Unfortunately, nobody can manufacture 100% perfect parts. So, your switch died a premature death. Get if fixed under warranty.

6. loonyhiker

loonyhiker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks everyone! We bought the extra 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty so I guess I will be getting it fixed! Appreciate your help!

7. magruder

magruder Average Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The warranty approach sounds good. I don't have warranties on my cars, so I use the "jiggle the switch around real good until it works" approach. I have actually had very good success with this. I think sometimes dirt gets in there and cuts out the connection.

Regards,
    Dave