1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Window rattle - fixed (finally)!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by beth04, Apr 7, 2009.

1. beth04

beth04 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I was finally able to get my almost 2 year old window rattle fixed. I experiences the rattle at almost any speed when the window was open three inches or less.

I had to take a tech with me so he could hear the rattle (lucky me, they just stripped the pavement on the road by the dealer :)).

He also moved the window itself with it open about an inch and was able to hear an almost squeaky rattle kind of noise which lead him to find movement bethind the little speaker (the one by the little front window) and the main window so he took off the weather stripping and filled in the area behind the speaker with something (I don't care what really) and I have been rattle free for a month.

I found that it was more likey to happen it it was 65 degrees out or cooler (if that helps). So if you have this issue, cooler may be better.

1 person likes this.