1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Window screeching

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by kettledrum, Aug 26, 2009.

1. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I looked for another thread about a similar issue, but came up empty handed.

In the summer time after my Prius has sat out in the sun for a whlie and has had time to heat up, the windows will make this awful screeching sound on the way down. On the way back up they sound fine. One window does it worse than the rest, but all four will do it if it hot enough.

This only happens in summer when it is hot out. The windows sound normal the rest of the year.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If the felt material around the window frame is dirty, you will get that screeching noise. It can be difficult to get rid of the dirt once its embedded in the felt

3. Matt Herring

Matt Herring New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I also get the screeching noise but it's usually a reminder to wash the car as pollen and dirt has built up on the window (in the summer). I often see streaking on the window when the screeching occurs as the gunk is screeching against the felt guard.

Take the buggy for a wash and pay particular attention to removing gunk on the windows.