1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Window tint in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by tacomel, Jul 27, 2006.

1. tacomel

tacomel New Member

We are considering having the windows of our Prius tinted. The primary reason is to prevent sunlight and heat from annoying the baby as much as he sits in the back carseat (and we don't like the stick-on things you buy for $10 at Toys-R-Us). A secondary objective would be to minimize heat from the sun from heating the interior as much during the summer.

We were quoted $235 for "any tint we have in stock" for the Prius from a reputable local shop in Madison. I'll still be calling around for other quotes, but in the meantime:

(1) Wondering what other people around this area (Madison, Milwaukee, even Chicagoland) paid, and where
    (2) Recommendations on the tint itself -- we want the minimum outside "darkness" and reflectivity that will still meet our needs

Thanks in advance!

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Oddly enough, i've been thinking about the same thing over here in the twin cities lately... i just moved to the area, and it's rather surprising how hot it gets here during the summer (i used to live in cleveland, so i'm guessing we had a bit of lake effect to keep the temperature cool in the summer). of course, i'm also a cheap bastard, so i know i won't do anything more than roll down my windows

3. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Taco Mel @ Jul 27 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]293117[/snapback]</div>

I always tint my vehicles at Eclipse in Madison. I just tell them "the maximum legal opacity". Have not had a problem so far.

Cheers,

4. tacomel

tacomel New Member

Eclipse was the shop I contacted - I take "always tint my vehicles" to indicate you've been happy with their work. Thanks, that's valuable.