1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Window tinting in Houston, TX

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by P-Car-Go, Aug 21, 2004.

1. P-Car-Go

P-Car-Go New Member

Has anybody had their Prius windows professionally tinted in Houston, TX? Shop, price, lessons learned? We took delivery on Monday (woohoo) and when the "outside temperature" reached 102 this week, we decided maybe some window tinting would be a good idea.

Thanks! :)

2. myride

myride Junior Member

window tint for prius in houston area

iv got the window tinter for you... GARY SOLAR FILM at 281-481-9132
    I have had no less than 5 veh done by him (the number is to gary himself) i have always been happy with the tint job. my only problem was a slight bubble in the rear window of my last car(prior to the prius) and he redid the job free and came to my job when i wanted him to for the redo. I was charged 125 for the prius and it was limo on all rear windows and the legal max on the front 4 (driver and pass windows and the little ones in the pillar)

3. TxOllie

TxOllie New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(myride\";p=\"34678)</div>
    Where is this guy located?

4. myride

myride Junior Member

He has a phyisical location but i dont know its address. he has a few trucks and he comes to you where ever you are. And IF you ever have a problem with the tint he takes care of you right away. He guarantees his work for life. he does really good work and doesn't overcharge like most tint places. As stated before i like the company and the tint jobs done before and i will reuse him when i get any new vehs.

5. TxOllie

TxOllie New Member

Could you please post pics? I'm debating between your guy and the guy who did my last car. I'm looking for the darkest legal tint possible (supposedly 25% according to the TXDPS website), but the last guy I used would only do 35% in the front.