1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Window tinting in NYC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Ryanpl, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    HI everyone, WE ahve an 04 Prius we got used. It is black and that makes for a VERY hot interior, in fact baby got burned putting him in car seat. Does anyone in NYC know of a decent place to get tinting done? Any suggestions as to what kind of tint? I'm less concerned with darkness and more concerned with blocking out heat. Thanks.

2. NYC Prius

NYC Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Check out The Tint Shop Inc located in Great Neck right on the Queens border line. (516-829-7336) I had them tint my black 08 Prius because the heat was too hot for me too. My wife has since "stolen" my car and drives around our 2 toddlers.
    I went with 30% tint and it does a great job of blocking heat and UV while not looking too dark. Joe, the owner is a great guy and has been in business for 25 years. He offers a lifetime warranty on the tint and did my car in about an hour and fifteen minutes. I've since gone back for my other car and had him do my apartment as well! I live in a brick building on a high floor that is sun facing and it has dramatically cooled my apt.
    I found him from the bmw forums and they were raving about his work and because he gave the BMW forum members a discount. I told him I didnt own a BWM and wasn't part of the forum but saw the posts about him. He is such a nice guy, he gave me a 10% discount too! :)
    He also has a website - thetintshopinc

3. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you don't mind me asking what did you pay?