1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Window Tinting Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by spideyman, May 24, 2007.

1. spideyman

spideyman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I am considering window tint on my Prius, but living in Illinois, we can only tint the windows in the rear of the car unless we have a medical reason for having the front windows tinted too. Does it look strange or just plain stupid having only those windows tinted?

Thanks!

2. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Hmm interesting law, my state only allows light tinting (70%) which I feel makes it pointless to do so I can understand where you are coming from.

I'm not sure only tinting the back windows would look that great on a prius...of course you see it all the time on SUV's and minivans, but on a smaller car like the prius I don't think it would achieve the desired result.

3. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spideyman @ May 24 2007, 03:47 PM) [snapback]449284[/snapback]</div>
    that has to be the dumbest law.
    I did however find this website with all the states various laws.
    http://www.tintcenter.com/laws

4. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just find a place and get it done the way you want it. Unless your town is known for having strictness against it, you wont have to worry. I'm friends with the prosecuter in my town and I asked him before I got my cars done and he said, as long as its not rediculous and your not causing harm to anyone else because of it, I've never known anyone to care about it. Look at my sig and you'll see what I had done. My laws are 35% and 0% on WS. I once saw a guy vacuming out his SUV at mikes and he had like 3% all the way around, even on the WS. I asked him if he had any trouble with cops and he said no, but he cant drive it at night cause its too dark :p.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Even just the back half of the car being tinted is better than not at all IMO. Plus it helps to hide your cargo a little better.

In CA. a lot of people have darker tint in the rear due to similar laws so maybe I'm just used to seeing cars with no tint or light tint up front.