1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

window tinting

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by statultra, Jul 12, 2007.

1. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i bought two rolls of window tint ( not ebay type ) i have the SunGard endurance class, this is a metallized (silver) coated tint that is 30 % ( this blocks out amazing amount of heat ) and i also have this other one which is called desert smoke ( it has metal content but not much, but is darker 20 % doesnt block out as much heat as the century class ). My question is which one would be nice to put on the Prius? The fully dark tint is about the same color as the prius i have ( tideland pearl ).

here is the links to each

http://www.sun-gard.com/desert.asp?section=auto

http://www.sun-gard.com/endurance.asp?section=auto

2. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

so the one is the metallic that looks like mirror on the outside of the car? and the other is just a dark tint?.... go with that one.... the mirror looking tints are YUCKIE! (isn't that a nice technical word!?!)

3. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've heard metallic window tint screws up your nav, but if you dont have nav, then....still dont do it. Go with black, you'll enjoy walking up to your car more and more every day.

4. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks for the input ill post pics when the project is done, im gonna put it on the 01 and 05 prius ( once i fix the driveshaft)