1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Window Visors

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by BlueV15, Aug 28, 2024 at 10:27 AM.

1. BlueV15

BlueV15 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I'm looking to get a set for my v to keep my windows cracked when it's hot. I'm stuck between AVS and Weathertech, but I've heard both have minor issues. I've read that the Weathertechs are hard to fit and have issues with the automatic windows, and the AVS rears don't cover all the way along the window. Does anyone have experience with either of them? Or a recommendation for another brand?

2. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    For my 2021 Prius (Gen 4) I tried some that glued on the outside of the windows instead of the better ones that fit inside the window track...bad idea and bad design. They didn't last but a few months before the wind knocked one off while driving and I don't know where it is...so took them all off and cleaned up the leftover glue.
    So if you do get some, ensure they fit inside the window track. (I haven't bothered replacing mine.)

3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I use the Weathertech front visors (purchased here from another PC denizen) which fit fine, draw inside air outward when moving without buffeting, don't create any auto-windows issues, and parked, with window rolled down a half inch, create nice hot weather interior temperature relief vents.

That said, I decided not to use the rear visors, because at the downward sloping angle the top window sills and visors sit, the visors act like air scoops.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The outside type are crappy. And unfortunately the inside clip type stop at the generation 2 I believe I'm not positive of that but I believe that's correct I tried to find some for my persona and other than these big buffet looking things they were really silly looking so and they were outside mount too so not happening all that tape and business that stuff gets to flapping in the breeze and blowing down the highway and smacking other people's windshields

5. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The Weathertech visors/vents use no adhesive. They snap into place. Really nice production quality and QA/QC standards