1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windows Mouse driver for Can view/MFD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by _echo, Jan 27, 2006.

1. _echo

_echo Junior Member

Hello All,
    I have implemented a user space mouse 'driver' in VB (!!!) for the Can view/MFD. This app isn't really a mouse driver per se, it's a user space app like any other app you'd run. This also means that it works with all USB to Serial adapters that work in windows, along with anything that shows up as a COM port in windows.

It also currently drives a relay to enable an inline FM modulator...

It still needs a lot of work (serial port parsing still isn't perfect, it loses sync way too much!) I was kind of wondering whether there is any interest in such a thing???

I currently don't have very much time to develop this thing, so open sourcing it might just be what it needs?

If so, I can drop some code here.

2. electricitylikesme

electricitylikesme New Member

I'm intrigued but not entirely clear what you've done. Does this mouse driver take coordinates off the IEBus (AVC-LAN) and convert them to mouse position coordinates in windows? If so I'm very interested since I'm presently adapting a PIC to read the AVC-LAN to drive an MFD-connected PC (being held up by my screen having developed the AVC-LAN fault so I can't test anything 'live').

3. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

Oooo, Yes please!

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    this sounds interesting, im only posting to bump it so others who know enough to help may see it.