1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield protecting film

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by randomwalk101, Jul 1, 2018.

1. randomwalk101

randomwalk101 DYI'er

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    hey guys

With the cost of the windshield and how involved it is to replace (camera, sensors etc) is there any good cheap clear film that we can put on the outside to help with all the little rocks and debris from cracking the screen?
    There are a few professional products but it’s like $400 per application and have to be replaced every year or so. I’m hoping there’s similar but cheaper material we can do it ourselves.

GTprii likes this.
  2. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I put the clear bra on the front of my car but never heard of anything for the windshield. I like the clear bra.

3. MrHockey

MrHockey Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Ziebart has a windshield protection product. May be that is what you were referring to. I searched the web and there are liquid products that you can apply that claim that there is some protection from rocks and debris chipping and breaking the windshield. Rain X doesn't claim to prevent chips but on some of the sites that I researched it seemed like the less expensive but as effective alternative to some of the other liquid products that you can polish into the windshield to provide some protection.