1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

windshield warranty?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by prius729, Apr 16, 2008.

1. prius729

prius729 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Question for you guys...My 2007 Versa developed a crack on the base of the windshield. Do you think Nissan will cover this under their warranty? Do any of the other manufacturers cover cracked windshields? The crack is about 6 inches long total in an upside down v shape and does not appear to be from an errant pebble.
    Any opinions appreciated.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If the crack was the result of a manufacturing defect, they should fix it under the warranty. If it was caused by road debris or vandalism or accident, it may be covered under your auto insurance, depending on your coverage and deductible.

Good luck.

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The dealer will probably try to claim that it broke as a result of debris, but I would still bring it in and get them to inspect it. There is an outside chance that the crack is the result of improper installation at the factory or a defect in the glass. If that is true, they may have a TSB or equivalent that will tell them how to repair it so it doesn't reoccur.

As Daniel said, if it is not a manufacturing defect, then your insurance should cover it (less your deductible).

4. prius729

prius729 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the inputs, guys.
    I just got back from the dealer and they're going to cover it under warrany. I was very surprised. The new windshield is on order and will be here in about 5 days.