1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield Washer Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by jlare, Aug 18, 2014.

1. jlare

jlare Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The right windshield washer on my 2012 Prius has stopped working 4 times in the two years I've owned this car. The three way valve has been replaced by the local dealer under warranty each time. Every time they ask what I use in the reservoir, and I tell them 3 parts water and 1 part white distilled vinegar. They have told me each time that was fine, until today. The service tech told me today that they will no longer replace the valve under warranty, because of the vinegar. He said I'm the only one with this problem. Also, at 39K miles, the rear washer stopped working, and they told me I need a new pump, and refused to replace it under warranty. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Thank you for your feedback!

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I guess you just have to stop using vinegar and buy Windshield washer fluid

3. energyandair

energyandair Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Mine has reduced flow from the RH nozzle. I've assumed its something stuck in the nozzle and have been meaning to open things up and blow compressed air through.