1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield Washer tank is leaking - Ideas?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by montenido, Jul 28, 2010.

1. montenido

montenido A 2 Prius household

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi all,
    I went to use my windshield washer the other day and no spray came out. The wipers did operate normally, which left me almost unable to see out of the now streaked and dirty windshield.
    When I looked under the hood, the reservoir was very low. When I filled it today, it began leaking almost immediately. I crawled underneath and removed some of the plastic underbody, but could not find where it was comeing from. Has anybody else experienced this problem? I guess it could be rodents chewing the hoses. :confused: Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

2. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The laws of physics dictates that its leaking right above the "very low" point on the reservoir.

3. Philjj

Philjj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----Australia----
    My 08 Prius stopped spraying in the front, but still sprayed the back. I put water in the tank, put the bonnet down and lifted the wipers to stand off the screen to prevent scratching, washer motor worked but poured water on the ground out of the guard. I lifted the bonnet and the hose was broken where it comes past the bonnet hinge, and I couldn't find the tank end to put a join in so I will have to try digging or dismantling bits. I intend to just run a new hose my own way if it becomes too difficult. Phil.

4. Philjj

Philjj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----Australia----
    Me again, it's fixed. I removed the tank , got both ends and sleeved a piece the same size over the top by heating it (the sleeve) in a cup of boiling water till soft at the end then forcing it over.