1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield Washer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Steve Schade, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Steve Schade

Steve Schade New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Windshield does not get any fluid when I left control lever up to spray while the rear window gets washer fluid when I turn the knob for the rear washer. I have blown the washer lines for the windshield with compressed air to the jets and they are clear. I also blew the lines back to to reservoir and it is clear to the tank. Any other ideas about trouble shooting would be helpful.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Moved to the proper gen II forum from the Prius v technical forum.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! perhaps the lever contact is dirty? or might there be two pumps? all the best!(y)

4. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There are seperate pumps for front and rear. If the WSH fuse is OK, then the first thing to do is to test the washer pump motor, which is on the washer fluid tank, by unpulgging the connector and putting 12V directly to it to see if it runs. + is pin 1, - is pin 2. If the motor runs but nothing comes out, check the polarity, or check for clogs in the tank. If the pump motor is OK and pumps fluid in the test, then the problem is with the switch wiring.