1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wiper Replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ITGuy1024, Mar 8, 2014.

1. ITGuy1024

ITGuy1024 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Could anyone tell me what size wiper blades I need for the front and rear?
    I was going to grab some on Amazon but it's not clear which ones will work.

Thanks a lot!

2. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Gen II Prius Wiper Lengths

Driver Side 26 inches
    Passenger Side 18 inches
    Rear Blade 16 inches

IMO, the best blade for the rear is the one you get at Toyota. Very easy to change. Get the guy at the parts counter to show you how to swap it. Once you have seen it done, you will see what I am talking about. Cost is NOT real expensive for the OEM part. I replaced the rear one last year and it is still good today. Change blades once a year here, but the rear one I am going to go two years on it.

2006 Toyota Prius Parts - AutoNation Toyota Gulf Freeway Parts

For the front blades, buy the aftermarket brand you like. Just get the lengths called out above.

Best of luck to you and I hope the info helps you!

Jonathan L likes this.
  3. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  4. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here's a video that shows the blade removal and installation for the rear.

There is more than one type of blade in the above video, the video part you are interested in would be the one they refer to as "Type A". Note how they remove the U shaped piece of plastic and then pivot the arm up prior to removing the blade. Same procedure on the Prius!

I don't use the above brand. The video is just to give you an idea of how easy it is to change the rear blade on the Prius.

5. salguod

salguod Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'd highly recommend PIAA silicone blades from Amazon. There are several types of PIAA blades, just get one of the silicone rubber ones.

Silicone blades have two advantages:
    1. Long life. I typically have gotten 3-4 years out of my silicone blades and I've used them in all my cars for the past ~10 years or so.
    2. Glass treatment. If you're familiar with what Rain-X does, silicone blades do the same thing as they are used. The glass is treated with a coating that makes the water bead and run off the windshield. Huge improvement in visibility as you can see between the droplets instead of trying to look through a film of water.
    The big downside is cost at $20-$30 each. However, since the blades last 3-4 times as long, the cost isn't actually more in the long run. Even if it were, the improvement in visibility is worth it in my view.

My Prius had new blades from the dealer when we bought it in the fall, but silicone blades are going on this spring.

6. bobodaclown

bobodaclown Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Check out rockauto.com they have some great deals on wipers.

AT100 ? HD