1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wire diagram-JBL Premium

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by toph, Oct 27, 2006.

1. toph

toph New Member

I've searched and searched, to no avail, for a diagram or a picture of the JBL Premium wire assignments. Lots of old post have some good information but some have dead links to other threads or dead links to .pdfs, etc.

Can someone point me to a thread that contains this or just reply with the information below. Basically I want to tap one of the rear speakers directly from the amp under the passenger seat to hook up my new sub. Also, the remote power wire assignment would be helpful, too. I'll be tapping power directly from the battery in the rear compartment so, I've got that covered! Thanks in advance for your help!

Peace,
    Toph

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    If someone who has my old guide from before the site was hacked could PM me, I'll give you an e-mail where you can send it, and i'll host it for everyone again, since it's rather large...

I have the exact diagram you need, along with pictures and such... unfortunately, the only computer i had that guide on went kaput a while back

3. GeoGeek

GeoGeek Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(toph @ Oct 27 2006, 03:31 PM) [snapback]339551[/snapback]</div>
    Check out this link: http://tom-morrow-land.com/tests/priusaudio/
    Some good info here. If this doesn't give you what you need, send me a PM and
    I'll e-mail you a .pdf of the wiring schematic.
    Cheers

4. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    a big thanks to GeoGeek for getting me my old tutorial. it can now be found at: http://eagle33199.servebeer.com/Prius_Stea...ox_Tutorial.pdf

most of the tutorial covers a stealth box i made from fiberglass, however is you scroll down to manual page 11 (acrobat page 12), there's a section labeled "getting an audio signal", which shows pictures of what i did, as well as contains a wiring schematic which is mostly accurate (the difference being that one of the plugs was split into two for my Prius - the pinouts and wire colors were all the same, though)

scroll past the wiring diagram and you'll see a description of where i got the remote power wire (i forgot to take pictures, which would have made the explanation a lot better)

5. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Stuff like this should really be put in a "sticky" to live forever at the top of the page for all to use and benefit from...........IMHO :lol: :lol: