1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

wiring original hu

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mirmite, Mar 16, 2015.

1. mirmite

mirmite New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i have a 2010 prius without jbl just the plane stereo nothing fancy, but i have bought a Fusion CP-AS1080
    that fits perfectly under the driver seat, but it has hi lvl inputs and i need to wire them to left and right speakers at my hu

BUT i cant find any wiering or schematics on the darn thing

2. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    US version, but manual says all but Korea. Best wishes!

Attached Files:

3. mirmite

mirmite New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i think i have done correclty now found a connector with 4 cables on it red white black and yellow. i have hooked them upp now but dont get it to work really. anyone have a pic of the connector?
    and what would be best to connect my remote cable to so the amplifier starts?

EDIT: oh i did connect it correctly. but my amplifier has L+ L- GND R- R+ But i dont know where i shuld put the GND tbh when i connect it to the amplifiers GND i get really low volume

4. mirmite

mirmite New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i have now bought a low level converter but i still have the problem with to low sound.

5. kenniekenken

kenniekenken Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    you should hook up the ground of the amp to the car body, preferably bare where you grind off the paint. bad ground will give you low to no volume which happened to me before.
    hope this helps.

#5 kenniekenken, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    Robert Holt likes this.